Parents magazine has a list in its July, 2008 edition with “5 Totally Unsafe Car Moves.” Their top 5:
- Climbing into the backseat, while the car is moving;
- Picking up your baby while the car is moving;
- Traveling with pets loose in the car;
- Packing the car to the gills; (My car doesn’t have gills, does yours?)
- Forgetting to double-check the car seat.
I have to tell you, other than #3 and maybe #4, none of these ever come up. After three kids, I can not count any times when anyone climbed into the backseat to be with the kids. The idea never even cross our minds. Nor did #2 or #5. I have traveled with an old dog to the vet with him sitting next to me. And once in a while, we put a lot of luggage in the car for a road trip. (Although, with gas prices being so high, the road trips are done for a while.)
Here are my 5 totally unsafe car moves:
- Putting on makeup while driving;
- Shaving while driving;
- Text messaging while driving;
- Changing your clothes while driving;
- Passing things between cars while driving.
Share your totally unsafe car moves with me.