Q: I was hit by a car and they left the scene. I have the license plate. What do I do?
A: Step by step instructions:
1. Call back the police and file a report.
2. Fill out an SR-1 with DMV.
3. Report it to your insurance company.
4. Get an estimate.
5. Have your insurance company fix your car under your collision coverage.
6. If you have uninsured motorist property damage, that will reimburse your deductible assuming you follow these steps.
7. Tell your insurance company to submit an SR-19.
8. Your rates cannot go up unless you are either at fault or receive a point. So as long as you are not at fault, do not worry about reporting it to your insurance company.