The SF Chronicle has a great story about getting insurance for your child. Remember my prior post where I suggested you get your 18 year old his/her own car and titled in his/her own name with his/her own policy. Well, the Chronicle has other tips such as:
- If there is more than one car in the family, compare the cost of insuring the teen as a primary driver on each car.
- When will I start paying for insurance?
- Most insurance companies gradually reduce rates as teens gain more experience.
- What happens if my teen goes away to college?
- How long can my child stay on the policy?
This is an in-depth story that should help you navigate through this maze. It is definitely something worth the time to read.