The Auto Club was nice enough to put out a list of laws that will change in 2006 and effect motorists. Some highlights:
- Street racing will get you a minimum of 30 days in jail.
- A DUI will effect your insurance for 10 years, instead of 7.
- Getting pulled over on a second DUI can result in your car being impounded.
- Pocket bikes, which I hate, may be seized for up to 48 hours by police.
- The new driver’s license law for teens will be strengthened. Because this is such an in depth change, I think you should go to the DMV website and read the changes. It will have a big impact on teen drivers.
As the new year approaches, be safe. Also, make sure you are familiar with these new laws.