Why am I writing about A&W Root Beer? Because we are in a recession. And the government isn’t doing us much to get out of the recession. So, A&W is trying to do something this weekend. Since most people reading this are looking for information about getting out of debt, one way is to not spend money and A&W is making it so you don’t have to.
Today, in my mail, I had an overnight package. It came from A&W. Yes, that A&W. Apparently, A&W knows about my blog, which you can find here! And so they sent me a letter and some “stuff.” The stuff first:
1. An A&W 90th Anniversary T-shirt;
2. An A&W 90th Anniversary Mug; and
3. An A&W 90th Anniversary Book.
The t-shirt is brown. I understand brown is the new black. And a free mug? This isn’t one of those cheap plastic mugs. This is a good glass mug that is good for drinking a cold root beer! And the book is a real book. Quite cool. For instance, I learned that A&W was started just down the freeway in Lodi, CA.
Back on track: A&W wanted me to spread the word. What word? Three cool things:
1. Friday, June 19 from 2 to 8pm you can get a free A&W Root Beer Float.
2. Saturday, June 20, a national cruise night at participating restaurants. Okay, if I had a classic car that would be sweet!
3. Sunday, June 21 is Fathers Day and you can treat your dad to an A&W Papa Burger for 90 cents.
WOO HOO! I will be getting my root beer float tomorrow!