Some tips about apartment living.
First, GET RENTERS INSURANCE. It is cheap and it will cover you if your property is stolen or if you injure someone. Just for those who missed it, GET RENTERS INSURANCE.
Now, some tips other than GET RENTERS INSURANCE:
- Talk to the police about a neighborhood watch
- Publish a complex newsletter with information about crime
- Report broken doors, lights, complex gates, etc… to management immediately
- Make sure your deadbolt locks
- Keep your windows closed at night – even on the second floor
- Get to know your neighbors
- Get to know security
One final tip: before you move in, talk to the local police and see if you can find out about problems at the complex.